PRP hair treatment – cost and success rate
PRP hair treatment is well known for hair fall control, and its cost differs from patient to patient. The variation in cost is because of many factors like the severity of a hair fall, the number of sittings required, treatment location, and the package chosen. The success rate of PRP therapy in India is about 85 to 95 percent, and the session; lasts for an hour and is usually performed in a gap of a month or two months.
PRP for hair Complete Procedure
PRP for hair is a procedure that involves three steps and requires 4-6 sittings spaced a month apart . The steps involved are :
- During the PRP hair treatment doctor draws blood from the vein and placed in special kits and then into a centrifuge. It is a machine that separates different fluids.
- After 15 minutes, the machine separates the blood into three layers: red blood cells, PRP, and platelet-poor plasma.
- The next step is to draw up the separated PRP into a syringe and then inject it into the scalp area that needs to increase hair growth.
However now a days we are also using GFC therapy ( Growth Factor Concentrate Therapy) , this is a type of advanced PRP procedure . In this technique special GFC kits are used . The extracted blood is placed into special kits ( test tubes) and the essential growth factors are activated and extracted from the prp . This is then centrifuges and eventually growth factor enriched PRP is then injected into the affected area . This form of advanced prp is around 30% more effective than the basic PRP technique. This is considered the most effective, minimally invasive, safe, and cost-effective way to reverse the effects of hair fall and boost hair growth.
FUE Hair Transplant Complete Procedure
FUE hair transplant method involves taking out hair follicles individually from the skin and implanting them onto the scalp or other areas where hairs are less or thin. This would make the hair in the new area appear thicker, thereby helping to deal with hair loss or hair thinning problems.
The Procedure of FUE Hair Transplant
Let us understand how the FUE hair transplant procedure works.
- The surgeon starts with shaving the hair from the donor area from where the hair follicles are taken for transplantation.
- In the next step, the hair follicles are transferred to the recipient area.
- With the help of a micro punch tool, the surgeons remove the hair follicle from the skin.
- Then the surgeons make an array of very small entry points with the help of a needle in the recipient area where the extracted follicles would be inserted.
- In the next step, the extracted follicles are inserted into the small spaces ( entry points ).
- Finally, the surgeons would clean and bandage the area where hair was taken for healing and recovery.
When is it used?
FUE hair transplant is mainly used in the following conditions.
- Scarring hair loss
- Patchy hair loss
- Pattern hair loss
- Thinning hair
- Losses of beard, mustache, and eyebrow